Monday, August 4, 2014

Product Recommendations: Starter Items Part 1

As a new mom I have watched dozens of videos on YouTube, read multiple blogs through Pinterest pins, and made so many lists of products you MUST have for a baby that it's enough to pull your hair out.
But don't sweat it, momma! You will not only get into your own routine, but you will find the products you find yourself using daily if not weekly!

I have been doing a lot of thinking and trying to come up with a decent list of products that I've found useful for my little Emileah. We all have our opinions and our favorites and these are just a few of my own...in this post any way. The more I think of, the more posts I will write for you!

Hope these items help!

Munchkin Steam Guard Electric Baby Bottle Sterilizer

Sterilizer:
My first product of recommendation would have to be this bottle sterilizer. I got mine from Target. It is electric (plug in) and doesn't take up a lot of counter space. It really comes in handy with those bottle nipples, pacifiers, baby spoons and bottles. This is definitely a must have!
**DO NOT PUT TEETHERS IN STERILIZER! I learned the hard way. They melt.

Medicine Despenser:
My next product of recommendation is the 
Safety 1st Comfort Check Pacifier Thermometer. 
The SUPER find would be the medicine dispenser that 
comes along with it. It is SO much easier than using the 
syringe that often comes with infant medicines.
*NOTE: When your child is scheduled to get any series of 
shots at their Pediatrician, I HIGHLY recommend giving them 
Infant Tylenol PRIOR to the appointment. I learned the hard 
way when Emileah got her first set of shots. She was in so much 
pain and was so stiff from the discomfort. Under 2 years old,
 the recommended dose is 2.5 TEASPOONS. 
DOSE FOR TYLENOL ONLY!                                                          



Spoons:
This next recommendation isn't a battle of the brands. 
I quite enjoy both brands of spoons because they 
turn white when the food is too hot for baby!

Munchkin Safety White Hot Spoons
Thermometer:
This is a great set to have on hand. It even comes with a temperature chart on the back for
each interchangeable piece.                                                                  
3-in-1 Safety 1st Thermometer



Bottle Brush: 
Baby Brush

This is just a personal preference when it comes to the GAZILLION baby items out there. I prefer the bottle brushes that have the sponge-tips. I feel like they reach the bottom of the bottle better than just the bristled brush, which makes for a cleaner bottle!

Baby Detergent:

Baby Purex Laundry Detergent

I know a lot of new parents feel that they HAVE to buy the Dreft brand of baby laundry detergent, but it is SO expensive! I've found a GREAT brand alternative for a SUPER LOW price! I LOVE Purex as a laundry detergent for myself and at an affordable price. Let's face it, life with a kid means a LOT of laundry! So save where you can with this stuff!


These are just a few of my favorite items for the first 5 months of my daughters life.

No comments:

Post a Comment